GCC 4.1.1 m68k-rtems generating invalid code for -m5307 proce ssor ?

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Tue Jun 26 12:40:51 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 08:26 -0400, Kirspel, Kevin wrote:
> The issue is that when I compile the rtems toolchains for m68k, they do not
> generate the libraries for the m5307 processor. I am currently trying to see
> how I can get these libraries generated.
Why do you need such library? Wanting to have one for each and every
variant of a cpu would be pretty silly and inapplicable.

You'd normally want to chose a "cpu variant" from a set of cpu-variants
a toolchain supports that "works reasonably" for you, not the one that
"squeezes out the max" from a cpu.

Ralf