Message_queue_Submit function

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Mon Jun 4 16:02:14 UTC 2007

On Monday 04 June 2007, you wrote:
> The simple solution would be to add an attribute to
> rtems_message_queue_create to
> enable blocking send capabilities for the Classic API.  The default
> value should
> correspond to the current behavior so no existing behavior is changed.
Hmm... Tried, but this did not worked...
I added bit to the attribute_set, raised it in 'queue_create' and changed in
the file ../cpukit/rtems/src/msgsubmit.c line 120 from
	FALSE,  /* sender does not block */
	the_message_queue->attribute_set & RTEMS_BLOCKING_SEND,
Did not helped - still received 5 instead of blocking...:-(

Unfortunately, it is difficult to debug the RTEMS kernel because of
optimization... and....Ufff...

> Or you can get me to do it.  I stand on street corners with a sign that
> says "help me -- will code for you". :)
:-)
OK! Now I know who is this person near me on the corner! :-))

> --joel
Leon.