non-FP tasks

Till Straumann strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Jun 12 16:34:28 UTC 2007

For a long time I have been patching newlib
so that it dynamically switches to vfiprintf
when executed by a non-FP task.

The patch also addresses setjmp/longjmp
(only saves/restores FP regs for FP tasks).

Finally, the patch also addresses altivec.

However: the patch addresses PPC only ATM.

HTH
-- Till

PS: originally created for newlib-1.13 but I
have used it on later versions, too.