GCC 4.1.1 m68k-rtems generating invalid code for -m5307 proce ssor ?

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Tue Jun 26 14:45:00 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 10:21 -0400, Kirspel, Kevin wrote:
> I am using this as a learning experience. At first I just assumed that when
> you built the m68k-rtems target that it would generate support for all m68k
> processors that gcc supported.
A freestanding GCC does, but for toolchains targeting an OS, a toolchain
is more than just GCC.

In general, such a toolchain consists of a compiler + a system's runtime
environment.

In case of RTEMS, this runtime environment consist of newlib+rtems,
in case of linux this would be the kernel+glibc.

>  After going through this exercise, I learned
> a little about cross-compiling gcc.
It is more than just cross-compiling GCC. It is building/bootstrapping
an OS.

Ralf