C++ problems

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Thu Mar 1 11:42:46 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 28 February 2007, John Tilp wrote:
> Leon,
>
> Confirm that gcc is being invoked with -specs bsp_specs and the -qrtems
> option and that your bsp's startfile spec in "bsp_specs" file includes
> crtbegin.o
>
> For more ideas see:
> http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/Using_C_Plus_Plus
> http://www.rtems.com/ml/rtems-users/2005/february/msg00029.html
Thank you very much, John.

I see now the problem and I hope I understand in general what should be done.
But I am a bit doubting, because:
1. I scanned all the powerpc bsps and was not able to find one that follows
the recommendations you pointed out, except ../shared/start/start.S. I also
understand that this ../shared/start/start.S is for example purpose only. So,
where I can find some working example of this story to check that my
understanding is correct?

2. The cdtest seems never worked as it has global constructors and has no
traces of the directions you mentioned. How can it be?

So, if you can give me a link of a code example treating theissue, this will
be really great.

Best Regards
--
Leon