RTEMS 4.7.0 Released

Kate Feng feng1 at bnl.gov
Thu Mar 22 16:24:57 UTC 2007

Joel Sherrill wrote:

> Hi,
>
> RTEMS 4.7.0 is (finally) available.  In addition
> to updating the website to reflect the availability
> of 4.7.0, there are some release notes at:
>
> http://www.rtems.org/rtems-4.7
>
> I am sure something important between 4.6 and 4.7
> has been left out.  Just let me know.
>
> It is at ftp://www.rtems.org/pub/rtems/4.7.0 or
> http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/4.7.0.
>
> If you have questions or issues, feel free to bring
> them up on the RTEMS mailing list.

At http://www.nsls.bnl.gov/facility/expsys/software/EPICS/
, we added the mvme5500 BSP which is updated to be RTEMS4.7.pre0
compatible under the item "RTEMS-4.7.pre0-MVME5500 BSP".
There is no function change in the BSP except
that it contains more accurate information regarding copyright.
It does not imply that the RTEMS4.7.pre0 or the current released
RTEMS4.7.0 operating system is stable. I thought I will get to test
RTEMS4.7.0 within the next two weeks.  However, please understand
that I realized that I have too many other higher
priority tasks to do.

The 1GHz network driver could be easily added to the RTEM4.7.0 branch
since it's 4.7.x compatible and its performance was published a long
time ago.  I thought the RTEMS commonly used network code originated
from dec21140.c :
"Copyright (C) 1999 Emmanuel Raguet. raguet at crf.canon.fr "

or from other unknown RTEMS network driver, which was written before
1999.

If you have disagreement, questions or issues, please feel free to
respond
to this RTEMS mailing list.

Regards,
Kate