Replacing VxWorks with RTEMS

Ali Asgar Nasir aliasgar.nasir at patni.com
Tue May 8 11:51:17 UTC 2007

Hi,

We have changed the RTOS in one of our application to RTEMS. It took us
around three months to do the same. We have implemented wrapper functions
around the original OS calls which we had in our legacy OS. This makes the
code changes in the actual application to minimum. We just then link the
wrapper's to the OS calls in the application and remove the legacy OS's
libraries.
U need to be clear about the memory mapping and all hardware related stuff
of your target. It will make the changeover smooth.

Regards
Ali