instruction access exception

Ingolf Steinbach Ingolf.Steinbach at jena-optronik.de
Wed May 9 11:50:29 UTC 2007

Joel Sherrill schrieb:
> Ingolf Steinbach wrote:
> > hwulf at et-inf.fho-emden.de schrieb:
> > > Unexpected trap <0x01> at address 0xd0142300c
> > > instruction access exception
> The SPARC BSPs all end with a trap.  Double check that this isn't a normal
> exit on an error detection path.  The key is whether or not that is a
> valid address
> for code in your program.

AFAIK, they typically end with software trap #0 ("ta, 0" instruction).
If the above message was generated on leon2, anything in the area
0xd0000000 or above is not reasonable for the PC thus leading to
"instruction access exception". (Note that the above address has
9 hex digits, which is probably a typo.)

> This disclaimer is at odds with sending a message to a public list.
> It was never intended to be private or confidential and was also
> immediately archived.

As this issue pops up again and again in mailing lists, I suggest
to complain to those who are responsible for these disclamers
in the first place rather than to the poor individuals who question
the use of the disclamer, too.

I am sure that it is not only *me* who is urged by company policy
to include it. Although I'd prefer to use my old 4-line signature,
I'm sorry to inform you that I won't be able to revert to *that*
signature.

Cheers
Ingolf
- --

Ingolf Steinbach
Software Engineer

Jena-Optronik GmbH
Prüssingstraße 41
07745 Jena
Tel: +49 3641 200-216
Fax: +49 3641 200-220
E-Mail: ingolf.steinbach at jena-optronik.de
http://www.jena-optronik.de

President & CEO: Dietmar Ratzsch I CFO: Dr. Harald Bruhn
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jena  l  Handelsregister: AG Jena HRB 201.869

Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind, oder diese
E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den
Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie
die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This message is intended to be confidential and may be privileged. If
you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail from your
system immediately and notify us of the erroneous transmission to you.
Any disclosure, use, copying, or distribution of this E-mail is
prohibited.