Welcome to the "rtems-users" mailing list

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Mon May 21 13:51:23 UTC 2007

Yang Anguo,SNLB CD/FN RDC NC(BJ) wrote:

> I would like to volunteer for testing on RTEMS, but could anyone
> Tell me how to logon to the RTEMS server, the public ip address,
> The root/password?

No.

> I think it is not very covenient to set up the testing environment for
> each tester. So it is better to set-up a public testing environment.

No.

The RTEMS environment is easy to setup on your own RPM based Linux.
There is an APT/YUM repository which includes tools for the 4.6 and
4.7 release branches as well as the CVS head (4.8 tools). The CVS
repository is anonymously readable.

You can install the entire environment without root privileges into
your home directory if you want to. Testing can be done on your
hardware or any of a variety of simulators.

I don't even need root access to the RTEMS machines to test.

--joel

--joel