instruction access exception

Ingolf Steinbach ingolf.steinbach at googlemail.com
Fri May 11 18:44:55 UTC 2007

Hi,

2007/4/13, hwulf at et-inf.fho-emden.de <hwulf at et-inf.fho-emden.de>:
> Now, when I start the program with #define DEBUG, the program stops at
> an irregular instruction and the following lines are printed to the
> console:
>
> Unexpected trap <0x01> at address 0xd0142300c
> instruction access exception

Just a wild guess: Could this be caused by the bug discussed
recently which leads to stack overflows when interrupts
occur too frequently?

If the program uses printf() (or any other output to stdout)
extensively, the UART will probably generate a high interrupt
load and might trigger a stack overflow.

Cheers
Ingolf

[resent due to legal concerns]