Commit Alert on CVS

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Fri May 11 20:36:37 UTC 2007

Joel,

> BIG WARNING: If you have unsubmitted work that you would
> like to be considered for inclusion in 4.8, you need to
> speak up.

UP.

I have another BIG bunch of changes on the PowerPC exception handling
code. I have gathered the code that has been copied in various CPU
derivates and/or BSPs, moved it to libcpu/powerpc/new-exception and
libbsp/powerpc/shared.

It is not yet in a state I want to commit this, and although I am quite
sure it is a BIG improvement concerning maintainence, I am sure these
changes will possibly break some of the existing BSPs. I have developed
them based on a CVS version about 6 weeks ago, so my next steps will be to:

- update them against the current CVS HEAD
- test them on several PPC BSPs: gen5200, mbx8xx, mpc750 (on a MVME2432
board).
- I would like to get some feedback for other boards soon after I have
commited them to CVS. (volunteers?)

wkr,
Thomas.