Reduce size of RTEMS in the text area

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Mon May 14 16:18:49 UTC 2007

Julien Houles wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using RTEMS on a leon2 processor and the memory available is very
> small.
> I would like to know the exact process to reduce the RTEMS size
> (151,600 bytes for a small application whereas the minimum size of
> RTEMS given in the SPARC application supplement is 28,288 bytes).
> I just need core, Initialisation, task, semaphore, message, partition,
> fatal error managers. (where do I configurate RTEMS to take only the
> managers I need ?)
What RTEMS version are you using?

  + Change compile options from -O2 to -Os -DNDEBUG
  + disable itron and posix

That will have some impact.  But you can't take out features you
are using.

4.7.1 included some size reducing refactoring and reduced minimum on
the erc32 by about 30% over 4.7.0.

The CVS head can shrink it below that but the CVS head is always a moving
target. :)