Pc386 bsp problem

Arquer Stephane stephane.arquer at stage.cnes.fr
Wed May 23 15:14:18 UTC 2007

Hi,

Most of time I don't have any execption number, the task is cancelled while the other are continuing to work and sometimes there is an exception raised but I can't catch it because the console displays lines in continuous. It is the same with remote gdb, I can't see the problem with gdb in remote mode, there is no message.

This problem occurs when I use complex simulnk models. I think it is a memory configuration allowed for a task. I use floating point unit and I need to do some calculations.
The task which call the step function is created as follow:

//*************************************************************
mode = RTEMS_PREEMPT + RTEMS_TIMESLICE + RTEMS_INTERRUPT_LEVEL(0);
attributs = RTEMS_FLOATING_POINT + RTEMS_LOCAL ;

status = rtems_task_create(nommage("simuLoi"),
				current_priority,
				RTEMS_MINIMUM_STACK_SIZE,
				mode,
				attributs,
				&id_tLoi);
//*************************************************************

And my configuration is :

/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  							configuration information
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
#define CONFIGURE_TEST_NEEDS_CONSOLE_DRIVER
#define CONFIGURE_TEST_NEEDS_CLOCK_DRIVER
#define CONFIGURE_TEST_NEEDS_TIMER_DRIVER
#define CONFIGURE_INIT_TASK_PRIORITY			110
#define CONFIGURE_INIT_TASK_ATTRIBUTES			RTEMS_FLOATING_POINT + RTEMS_LOCAL
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TASKS				128
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_SEMAPHORES			20
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_MESSAGE_QUEUES			10
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TIMERS				16
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_PERIODS				16
#define CONFIGURE_MICROSECONDS_PER_TICK			1000		// 1 tick every 1ms
#define CONFIGURE_TICKS_PER_TIMESLICE			200

#define CONFIGURE_RTEMS_INIT_TASKS_TABLE

#ifdef pc386
#define CONFIGURE_HAS_OWN_DEVICE_DRIVER_TABLE
rtems_driver_address_table Device_drivers[5] = {
   CONSOLE_DRIVER_TABLE_ENTRY,
   TTY1_DRIVER_TABLE_ENTRY,
   TTY2_DRIVER_TABLE_ENTRY,
   CLOCK_DRIVER_TABLE_ENTRY,
   {NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL}
};
#endif	//pc386

#define CONFIGURE_EXTRA_TASK_STACKS         (3 * RTEMS_MINIMUM_STACK_SIZE)

#define CONFIGURE_NUMBER_OF_TERMIOS_PORTS			10
#define CONFIGURE_LIBIO_MAXIMUM_FILE_DESCRIPTORS	10

#include <confdefs.h>

Thanks for your help.

Stephane.