gcc compiler bug (sparc, ppc)

Sergei Organov osv at javad.com
Wed May 23 16:37:18 UTC 2007

Ralf Corsepius <ralf.corsepius at rtems.org> writes:
> On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 08:43 -0700, Till Straumann wrote:
[...]
>>  Also, the fact that the problem
>> has been there for a while (at least 3.2.3 ... 4.1.1) makes me
>> believe that it might not have been reported yet.
>
> This is what baffles me - such constructs are such kind of common,

Really? With overlapping list nodes? Common?! Did you miss that the bug
could be exposed only when two nodes overlap like this:

node1:  |next|prev|
node2:       |next|prev|

?

> my gut feeling is, "we must be missing something".

I think it's rather unlikely that this bug will show itself in real-life
code, so chances are high nobody but Till noticed it yet.

-- Sergei.