TOD differences

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Mon Nov 5 12:24:28 UTC 2007

Leon Pollak wrote:
> Hello, all.
> The question seems to be very simple, but I did not find any answer in docs,
> wiki...
>
> I have two rtems_time_of_day structures containing two times. How can I
> calculate the difference (in seconds) between them?

Not in the public API.  With the movement in 4.8 to struct timespec
in the super core, there are a lot of timespec math routines.  There
has always been some TOD to XXX routines.

I have considered making the existing set of time math routines
available via the public API.  It isn't especially hard to do but
would require documentation.  If this is of interest to the
community, I will move it from my idea list to my someday we might
do this list.

--joel