RTEMS autotools installation on mingw

Sven.BIEBAUT at be.thalesgroup.com Sven.BIEBAUT at be.thalesgroup.com
Tue Nov 6 08:15:40 UTC 2007

I installed mingw to c:\mingw and msys (and its dtk)  to c:\mingw\msys.
I added (manually) c:\mingw\bin and c:\mingw\msys\bin to my path variable. Both work equally fine: the unix commands (ls, make, .. ) work well at the command prompt. This does not change the error though, with or without it stays the same.

> Do you have a Msys icon on your desktop?  Does it work?

The icon of msys on my desktop i created myself, but it does work. I get a functional unix shell.

> > The RTEMS installer however complains about "Cannot open
> > not-found/etc/fstab. MSYS mount point not added".
> Apparently this seems only
> > to affect the autotools sub package. I tried setting the
> HOME environment
> > variable, but this does not change alot.
> >

> It looks like you didn't really install mingw and msys.  That's what
> the message means.

Problem is that the host is not internet connected, so i cannot use the minw installer directly as it will fetch packages from internet. In stead, I used two alternatives, first a copy of the whole tree of an install on an internet connected pc ( should work from what i read on the mingw wiki) and a manual install, which is basically extracting all the necessary packages from sourceforge. Both yield the same error.

> > If I continue and disregard the message it will proceed
> with the actual
> > compiler installation, but in the end complain that it
> couldn't find mingw.

The first error about the MSYS mountpoint is right at startup of the installer and the second (about mingw) is at the end of the installing process.