RTEMS autotools installation on mingw

Sven.BIEBAUT at be.thalesgroup.com Sven.BIEBAUT at be.thalesgroup.com
Tue Nov 6 13:34:41 UTC 2007

http://www.rtems.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/rtems/contrib/mingw/msys-path.nsi?r
ev=1.3

> Yeah I know this is strange looking stuff so let me explain
> the process. The
> first failure is 'Function MSYSDetectSilent'. It looks first
> in 'c:\msys\1.0'
> then it looks in the registry under the key at the top of the
> file. The same
> happens for the DTK.
>
> Do you have the entries in the registry and if so are in they
> correct ?

As the mingw installer does not allow an install only from predownloaded
packages, I copied the whole tree from a previous install over, so indeed
the entries were not there.

> If there is something else please let me know what it is.
>
> As a work around if you create the keys as expected and set
> the path the
> installer should work.

I moved my msys installation to c:\msys\1.0 and the MSYS mount point error
is gone. However, the installer can still not detect mingw although it is in
c:\MinGW. Is the installer case sensitive ?

I tried changing the name to lower case, but that didn't change anything.

I looked into the mingw-path.nsi, and found out that the strings the
installer looks for do not exist:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MingW
InstallLocation  <->
HKLU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\mingw32_is1 Ïnno
Setup:App Path"

This probably has to do with the version of the mingw installer ?

If i add manually the HKLM key, the install continues. Is this the problem
you mentioned about the order of the checks (directory first, registry
afterwards ) ?

Thanks a lot for all the help, the installer now completes and I can start
msys to configure and make RTEMS.