data abort after rtems_bsdnet_initialize_network ()

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Nov 13 23:54:11 UTC 2007

Lionel TOCZE wrote:

> I think we encounter same "crashing" problem with network.
> It appears it is due to some alignment problem of tcp-ip structure.
> To avoid such problem, we try to "pack" some structure like follow in :
> /cpukit/libnetworking/netinet/ip_var.h
> struct ipovly {
> } __attribute__ ((packed));

It is not present in the latest FreeBSD source:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/netinet/ip_var.h?rev=1.101

but that source does have "#ifdef __NO_STRICT_ALIGNMENT" support. I am not
sure what this means. The latest code may have support else where to handle
the alignment. That is, the packing you show may be needed for the version of
the stack we have.

Regards
Chris