External RAM filesystem

Aitor.Viana.Sanchez at esa.int Aitor.Viana.Sanchez at esa.int
Fri Nov 16 08:30:57 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am working with both versions, 4.6.5 and 4.8 for the LEON2 architecture
but the stable development is done for 4.6.5. anyway i am trying to
migrate everything gradually to the new versions but still it would be
grate to have this feature in both versions. I can try to back-port the
code and recompile RTEMS.

//avs

Thomas Doerfler <Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de>
11/15/2007 09:54 PM

Aitor.Viana.Sanchez at esa.int
cc
rtems-users at rtems.org
Subject
Re: External RAM filesystem

Hi,

Aitor.Viana.Sanchez at esa.int schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I got everything ready to send an example and to include a wiki entry
> but fist...the example is only working in rtems-4.7.99.2-1.0.3. I also
> tried with RTEMS 4.6.5 but looks like some functions are not implemented
> in this version. This is the compilation output.

ys you are right, I implemented the msdos_format function somewhere
after 4.6.5, so you might have missed it in that version.

See:

http://www.rtems.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/rtems/cpukit/libfs/src/dosfs/msdos_format.c

The module should be back-portable if required, but there might be some
other unresolved references then.

Are you currently stuck to 4.6.5 in your work? Which architecture are
you working on?

wkr,
Thomas.

Embedded Brains GmbH
Thomas Doerfler           Obere Lagerstr. 30
D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
email: Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Phone: +49-89-18908079-2
Fax:   +49-89-18908079-9