MinGW Toolchain

Ray xr at trasin.net
Wed Nov 21 13:10:56 UTC 2007

To install tool-chain in windows,  the install guide in rtems wiki,  although a little old, is all you needed to install then.  You should install MinGW, MSYS,MSYSDTK.  It must be admitted that it is pain to run cygwin/MGW in windows.  Because when you compile sth like gcc, it will take you hours, and MinGW is a bit faster though.
Just to be care:
1) Some version of cygwin/MinGW have memory leak problems in windows.
2) MinGW do not recognize the path we used in linux. So the image compiled in linux, can not debug with gdb run in MinGW
3) Some version of gcc/gdb can not compiled in MinGW, it is better to download gcc/gdb with MinGW patch from MinGW official site.
I guess that if the install shield provided in rtems-ftp also includes the MGW toolsets in it. It will be much better.
BTW, I think there is yet another choice for windows user. That is colinux (sth like vmware), it is faster and stable.

Thanks & Best Regards!

Ray, xr at trasin.net
2007-11-21