Releases

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Fri Nov 23 03:13:22 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-22 at 19:50 +0200, Leon Pollak wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Can somebody, please, clarify the situation with RTEMS releases.
> Address http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/releases/ ends with 4.6.0 release.
Looks like a broken link rsp. a directory with broken contents to me.

> Directory /pub/rtems/ has 4.7.0 release, while the last is 4.7.99.2.
Joel is the person to actually answer this. The links your are referring
to are his domain.

> And I saw somewhere the branch named 4.9, which means that 4.8 shoudl be
> released already.
rtems-4-8-branch has been branched in CVS, and is supposed to be
released as "stable tarballs" (rtems-4.8.x) in "not-too-distant
future" (When it's ready ;) )

So far, only experimental preview snapshots (rtems-4.7.99.x) tarballs
have yet been released.

I.e. ATM we have

rtems-4.7
  release series from rtems-4-7-branch in CVS.
  Still current official "stable" tarball release series.

rtems-4.8
  release series from rtems-4-8-branch in CVS.
  Soon to become "stable" release series and to replace rtems-4.7.
  No tarballs available yet.
  Shape in CVS is supposed to be "nearly release-clean".

rtems-4.9
  release series from HEAD in CVS.
  unstable/experimental.
  Shape in CVS can vary by the day.