pr1255 (was Re: MCF5329EVB BSP)

Till Straumann strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Sat Oct 6 01:28:43 UTC 2007

Feng, Kate wrote:
> Joel Sherrill wrote:
>

>> I wanted time to analyze the problems you were reporting and
>> deal with them at a leisurely pace.  That's one of the reasons I
>> went ahead and cut a 4.8 branch without adding them.
>>

> Can you describe the problems that were reported to this list
> a little bit more ? Or was there a PR related to this problem ?

PR1255

However, it is unlikely that this causes a problem with NFS; in particular
if you don't have two threads accessing the same file there shouldn't be a
1255 related problem.

IMFS is another beast and I believe that bad things happen if multiple
threads concurrently do things like accessing a file and deleting it
or delete the same file at the same time.

T.