Problems building 4.8 branch

Eric Norum norume at aps.anl.gov
Mon Oct 15 11:49:40 UTC 2007

Yes, use of diff as shown below is easy, as long as you want to keep
the branch and trunk identical -- at which point I have to question
the  reason for the branch to exist.  My comment was directed towards
the problems that arise when he trunk and branch diverge, even a
little, and changes have to be carefully applied to both.    My
comments were not intended to disparage CVS and I certainly no
solutions to the parallel development challenge --  to paraphrase
Churchill (?), "CVS is the worst source code management utility,
except for all the rest".

--
Eric Norum <norume at aps.anl.gov>
Advanced Photon Source