math libs for x86

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Thu Oct 18 19:21:19 UTC 2007

Daron Chabot wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone point me in the direction of some math libraries usable under
> the RTEMS x86 bsp ? Preferably requiring a minimum of porting
> effort... :)
>
> I'm looking for something along the lines of BLAS/LAPACK for use in a
> DSP-based application.

Is BLAS the one that compiles over and over until it finds
the right algorithm for your architecture?

If so, you probably can get it to compile but you would have
to hand pick the algorithm variants based upon some existing
CPU specific configuration.

I would love to hear more about this.  I think this is an
area other RTEMS users would like to know about.

--joel