Partition problem

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Tue Oct 23 11:42:01 UTC 2007

Hello, all.

I do not believe that someone will look into the following description of
theproblem, but may be this is in the area of known problems in 4.7 and I
simply waste my time...:-)

I have two tasks working on the same partition - taking buffers and returning
back. Buffers are all of the same size.

When the tasks are working sequentially, everything is OK.
But when I make them to work in parallel (one may interrupt the other), very
quickly I receive the exception on rtems_partition_get_buffer, which shows me
(after diving into the rtems code) that the element
the_partition->Memory.first has garbage value (all the rest of the structure
looks normal).

I tried to catch this with my bdm debugger, but after one full day I gave up -
too complex to catch this at the moment of corruption as this value changes
all the time.

I shall be very very thankful to everybody who knows something which can help
me.

--
Leon