Possible error in C User's Guide

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Tue Oct 9 14:17:27 UTC 2007

Fabrício de Novaes Kucinskis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to warn about a possible error in the RTEMS C User's Guide, version
> 4.7.1.
>
> I tried to create a partition and got an INVALID_SIZE status code. When
> debugging, I found out that this happens when the parameter "buffer_size" of
> "rtems_partition_create" wasn't a multiple of eight. If this is right, the
> RTEMS C User's Guide shall be fixed.
>
> In the User's Guide, page 129, it is written (twice) that the buffer_size
> and starting_address must be multiples of 4.

I will probably have to generate a test case to prove this to
myself but neither the code nor documentation clearly matches
what I think the rule is. :(

The rule is the buffer size should be a multiple of CPU_ALIGNMENT
which is >= sizeof(Chain_Node) where sizeof(Chain_Node) is 8 on a
target with 32-bit pointers.

Can you file a PR on this?

Thanks.

--joel