gdb macros fails

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Thu Oct 18 13:04:03 UTC 2007

Leon Pollak wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> I tried to use for the first time the gdb macros rtems_heap_walk and
> rtems_workspace_walk.
> Both failed saying:
> There is no member named front_flag.

The heap implementation changed around 4.7 so the best
thing to do would be to look at the C implementation of
_Heap_Walk and mimic what it does.

For 4.8, there is also the issue of the transition to
nanoseconds time granularity that the macros don't
know about yet.

The macros should really be in the main RTEMS tree so they
can track the code, be on release branches, and have a better
history.  Any suggestions as to where they should be in the tree?