math libs for x86

Daron Chabot daron.chabot at usask.ca
Fri Oct 19 18:53:11 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 14:21 -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Daron Chabot wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Can anyone point me in the direction of some math libraries usable under
> > the RTEMS x86 bsp ? Preferably requiring a minimum of porting
> > effort... :)
> >
> > I'm looking for something along the lines of BLAS/LAPACK for use in a
> > DSP-based application.
> >

> Is BLAS the one that compiles over and over until it finds
> the right algorithm for your architecture?

It sounds like you're describing ATLAS (math-atlas.sourceforge.net).
That's the option I'm leaning towards right now.

I presently only need SVD (singular value decomposition) functionality,
but my requirements are fairly open-ended beyond that (well... what can
make the system do ???).

Others have suggested Boost libs (thanks, BTW), but I'm afraid that c++
doesn't figure into my current design. However, the idea is still nice
to chew on, and I'm not adamantly opposed to an OO redesign. I just
haven't had time to adequately "play around" with the rtems/c++
combination.

ummm... I mean: "experiment with"... ;)

> I would love to hear more about this.  I think this is an
> area other RTEMS users would like to know about.

I'll post my findings if/when I know more...

-- dc