<fixed> C compiler cannot create executables

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Tue Sep 11 17:15:22 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 15:17 +0100, André Neves wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I faced that problem ("C compiler cannot create executables") while,
> following the Quick Start, i ran:
> #../rtems/configure --target=sparc-rtems4.8 --enable-rtemsbsp=sis \
> >  --enable-tests=samples --disable-posix --disable-itron
>
> I didn't find any help for the resolution of this problem in the mailing
> list, but eventually i managed to fix it.
>
> The problem doesn't seem to be about RTEMS,
Very likely. It probably is the RTEMS configure script complaining about
your build-host's compiler being defective/non-functional or similar.

>  i think it's just the system
> that didn't appropriately insert libc-dev in the dependency tree, or
> something like that...
Well, possible, but ...

> So, to fix it i ran:
> # apt-get install libc-dev
> Which fixed my compiler and allowed me to continue. :)
... this would mean the distro you are using, suffers from a packaging
bug. Otherwise "apt-get install gcc" would have pulled in the required
packages ;)

Ralf