RTEMS: Writing device drivers

hwulf at et-inf.fho-emden.de hwulf at et-inf.fho-emden.de
Mon Sep 24 15:24:37 UTC 2007

Hello,

I wanted to start to develop a not very compley device driver for
RTEMS for the first time. I haven't written any device drivers for
operating systems like RTEMS, VxWorks or Linux though I know the very
hardware-oriented basics like interrupts.

What information could you advise me? I've read the RTEMS BSP and
driver development guide, but I'm looking for more information about
that topic.

Does the development of device drivers for RTEMS differ much with the
device drivers from Linux? Is it recommended to read books like "Linux
Device Drivers"?

Thank you very much,
  Hank