3c905 Nic configuration

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Sep 26 14:03:46 UTC 2007

 > > Isn't one ISA and the other PCI?
 > >
 > > Yes, the 3c509B-tpo is an ISA and the 3c905c-TXM a PCI.
 > >
 > > Where do you find the xl driver ?
 > >

 > The .c file is in c/src/libchip/network/elnk.c.  I do not see a .h file
 > that is for
 > you to include in your networkconfig. :(
 >
 > Prototype:
 >
 > int
 > rtems_elnk_driver_attach (struct rtems_bsdnet_ifconfig *config, int attach)
 >
 > It would be nice to have the user .h file that applications include
 > when configuring the driver.

The lack of a .h file is a, umm, Design Feature, yeah thats it....  I
don't recall why I wimped out and didn't set up a proper header file, I
guess I was modelling the elnk driver off the dec21140 driver which also
doesn't have one.

I don't see any reason why both drivers couldn't be adjusted to have
header files, just a matter of doing it.

Regards,

Greg