Adding New Hardware Interrupts

Thomas Dörfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Tue Apr 8 17:34:57 UTC 2008

Hi,

Robert S. Grimes schrieb:

> Okay, that should be workable.  I will have to rebuild my BSP, though,
> as the number of interrupts has increased.  Without looking (yet) at
> the code, I suppose the only cost to making that number largish is the
> size of table or two, right?
Right. You should have enough memory in your system to tolerate this :-)

> Yes, it does.  Your approach is certainly workable.  I do, of course,
> dream of a world where the Virtex BSP is as component-driven as the
> EDK peripheral model, but that is a lot more work; and right now, the
> current project deadlines are breathing down my deck  ;-)
Well... even if you use the EDK-integrated linux, it will be
retailored/recompiled, when you change the set of peripherals. When we
defined the virtex BSP, we added the configuration option to reference
an external xpar*.h header file to import HW-specific stuff.

By the way: I am glad Ralf did not yet detect, what we did there. If he
did, he might have taken a FAST car ride from Ulm to Puchheim just to
slap me as often as possible against my head. And her might be right to
do this :-)

wkr,
Thomas.

> Thanks, guys!
> -Bob

embedded brains GmbH
Thomas Doerfler           Obere Lagerstr. 30
D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
Tel. : +49-89-18 90 80 79-2
Fax  : +49-89-18 90 80 79-9
email: Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de