Intermixing source code with disassembly

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Wed Apr 9 13:08:24 UTC 2008

Teng Chee Wan Philip wrote:
> I tried the program you sent and modified it slightly to show the size
> of file it managed to read.  I tried it on the ticker example as well as
> my application.  In both cases, the read() failed and size read is much
> smaller than the actual file size.

 Sorry, this is for reading the _source_ code, not the executable.  The
executeable itself is not read in at once.  The source code file is read
in as a whole because it may be referred to several times (e.g. from
different functions).

 So, if app.c is itself not very large, this may not be the problem at all.

 Regards,
 Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle                     arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect       +32-16-286540