More build oddities

Nigel Spon nigel at adi.co.nz
Thu Apr 10 01:52:47 UTC 2008

On 08/04/2008, at 2:19 PM, Angelo Fraietta wrote:
>>> On Mac OS X (Darwin) you'll have to use the command:
>>>
>>> make -w "CC=cc -no-cpp-precomp" all install
>>>
>>> Let me know how you go
>> Pardon, but what you write above would indicate that OSX's gcc
>> would be
>> completely bugged.
>> Ralf
>
> That may very well be true - I don't know because that is not my
> area of expertise. I was unable to make OSX work until Eric Norum
> showed me that.

Completely bugged or not, I'm afraid it doesn't help. I get much the
same thing:

configure: creating make/virtex.cache
checking for RTEMS_CPU_MODEL... ppc405
checking for RTEMS_BSP_FAMILY... (cached) virtex
checking for CPU_CFLAGS... (cached) -mcpu=403 -Dppc405 -Dvirtex
checking for CFLAGS_OPTIMIZE_V... (cached) -O2 -g -fno-keep-inline-
functions
checking for powerpc-rtems4.8-gcc... cc -no-cpp-precomp
checking for powerpc-rtems4.8-gcc... (cached) cc -no-cpp-precomp
checking for C compiler default output file name...
See `config.log' for more details.

---
"The Galaxy's a fun place. You'll need to have this fish in your ear."

Michael Hamel
ADInstruments Ltd, Dunedin, NZ