Getting Started guide (was Building difficulties under OS X)

Fri Apr 4 13:05:58 UTC 2008

Daron Chabot wrote:
> The Getting Started guide (v4.8.0) uses a rather unconventional location
> in the configure commands for binutils and gcc:
>
>         "configure --prefix=/tmp/rtemsdocs-4.8.0"
>

> I realize that the --prefix is completely arbitrary, but the "docs" part
> of the path could be misleading.

That string is not in the source for the manual. I wonder if the
prefix is inserted from when I build the documentation to
make the tarball. Hmmm... checking the automatically built
version from CVS:

http://www.rtems.org/onlinedocs//doc-current/share/rtems/html/started/started00042.html

I see this:

../binutils-2.17/configure --target=sparc-rtems4.9 \
  --prefix=/home/rtems/onlinedocs/doc-current-tmp

Ralf.. any suggestions? Would configuring the documentation
with the default prefix and then doing:

make prefix=TMPDIR install

do it?