Intermixing source code with disassembly

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Wed Apr 9 08:46:49 UTC 2008

Teng Chee Wan Philip wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Initially, I thought that will be a problem.  But when I tried with the
> ticker application, the slash remains mixed but the source was
> intermixed....Unless size of the application is an issue.

 Is the size of app.c also very large?  objdump tries to malloc() an
area for the whole file at once; perhaps your Cygwin has some limitation
on heap size.

 I suggest to compile and execute the excerpt from objdump in
attachment. (objdump itself does no error reporting at all when it
cannot open/read the file...).  I hope you have a compiler?

 Good luck!
 Regards,
 Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle                     arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect       +32-16-286540