More build oddities

Nigel Spon nigel at adi.co.nz
Thu Apr 10 03:48:04 UTC 2008

On 10/04/2008, at 3:36 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> ave a look at this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> The configure script doesn't find your cross-compiler
>
> One of the causes is you setting CC="cc  -no-cpp-precomp"
>
>> checking for C compiler default output file name...
>> configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
>> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> Would you please do as the configure script tells you?

Sorry, that was just an experiment and a response to that specific idea.

I posted the relevant config.log in my first post of this day.

I'm afraid it doesn't make it clear to me what the problem is, the
build just seems to use /Developer/usr/bin/cc when it shouldn't.

---
“The would-be sorcerer alone has faith in the efficacy of pure
knowledge; rational people know that things act of themselves or not
at all.”

Michael Hamel
ADInstruments Ltd, Dunedin, NZ