Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Fri Apr 11 06:42:12 UTC 2008

Hi,

unfortunately you provide only very limited info. I understand that you
use RTEMS-4.6.6 (which is very outdated) and you use some supported
architecture with interrupts.

Some questions:
- which architecture/BSP do you use?
- what do you do to get printf to fail?

In many RTEMS systems it is normal, that the processor reaches the Idle
task while output is pending, because the serial interface will provide
an interrupt whenever a new character can be written to the serial device.

wkr,
Thomas Doerfler.