Diagnosing build errors

Nigel Spon nigel at adi.co.nz
Tue Apr 15 04:16:33 UTC 2008

On 15/04/2008, at 3:50 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> This breakdown very likely is a followup to something having gone
> wrong
> before. Check your build log for why "run" doesn't seem to have been
> built.

Aha. Psim failed to link with an undefined symbol
"_libintl_dgettext". The moral is to always search the log for *** and
find the first error, not the last one. I expected it to stop at the
first failure.

On looking for that symbol, I find this rather curious thing in
libintl.h

#ifdef _INTL_REDIRECT_MACROS
# define dgettext libintl_dgettext
#endif

That space between the # and the define looks like a mistake to me.
However, as you say:

> BTW: I'd recommend to start with gdb-6.8. It's configuration has seem
> some significant improvements, appears much robust to build and isn't
> technically much different from gdb-6.6.

I think I'll try that and see what happens...

Thanks,

---
"Not *another* shrubbery!"

Michael Hamel