configure command line in installed directories?

Tue Apr 15 19:38:41 UTC 2008

Till Straumann wrote:
> I'm with Thomas.
>
> If I'm getting a bunch of binaries I would like to know exactly how
> they were generated (that includes configure options).
> Believe me or not but that helps me tracking down problems.

I think at some level it is the responsibility of who
ever installed the RTEMS to keep up with that
information.

With that said, I have seen multiple times where
there were people and years in between the
installation of RTEMS and the person asking
the question.

Speaking from a help desk view, the more information
we can get with fewer Q&A email cycles, the better.

How many posts to the mailing list get the first
reply of "not enough information"? And how many
of those don't get followed up on properly.

Wouldn't "send us this file" make that easier?