Mingw Tools 4.7

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Wed Apr 16 05:28:09 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 11:57 +0800, Paul Whitfield wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying (in a spare minute) to drag my application out of the RTEMS
> dark ages onto a current RTEMS version. Currently I am stuck at rtems
> 4.6.6  for Coldfire on Windows :-(
I would recommend you to switch to using Linux, but I guess this is not
an option to you, otherwise you would not already be using MinGW :)

> I have tried to go to 4.8, how-ever the current gcc in the rtems4-8
> for mingw gets ICE's for Rtems and my code so that is not an option.
Coldfire targets? ... Are you sure this issue is related to MinGW?

There have been quite a number of reports related to "gcc-4.2.x ICE'ing
for m68k targets" on all kind of build-hosts, which makes it very likely
for your issues not to be related to MinGW at all.

Could you provide further details about the ICE you are observing?

> So I tried to go for 4.7. Downloading and installing 4.7-4 for Mingw
> from the rtems server actually installs a 4.8 tool chain!
Chris would be the person to answer this. I don't know if he is
listening, because he recently mentioned to be away for some weeks.

Ralf