workspace structure

Fri Apr 18 15:06:15 UTC 2008

Catalin Morosan wrote:
> The workspace structure from my last mail was after looking at the rtems
> 4.6.6 source code. So I guess rtems 4.6.6 allocates memory from the end
> of a free block...

Yes 4.7 was the transition to allocating from the beginning.

malloc() followed by an immediate realloc() will always fail
to extend the malloc'ed block of memory in 4.6 and be
forced to malloc a second block and copy it.

This change made it possible for realloc() to actually
extend a block more frequently.