gdb+qemu+rtems: Problem #2 in offset computation

Mon Aug 25 13:23:31 UTC 2008

Tomas Kalibera wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to debug RTEMS running in QEMU (x86) with gdb. The program
> hangs on
>
> ./rtems-4.8.1/c/src/lib/libbsp/i386/pc386/timer/timer.c:476
>
> which is
>
> printk("Problem #2 in offset computation in Calibrate_loop_1ms in file
> libbsp/i386/pc386/timer/timer.c\n");

This indicates that the counter on the timer count
didn't change as much as for a loop of 10 as it did when
we did an empty call.

What is your host CPU?  How fast?

How are you invoking qemu?
> I found just one related message,
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/17806, where the
> author advises to recompile the (Linux) kernel of the host system.
>
> Is this a known issue ? And if so, is it an RTEMS bug or QEMU bug or
> anything else bug ? And, is there a known workaround that would make
> RTEMS boot ?

To be honest I have never seen this before but I don't
believe qemu for benchmarking either.  :)