Build Problems

Mon Aug 25 21:30:06 UTC 2008

Madhusudan C.S wrote:

> Hi Joel,
>
>     Standard questions and advice.  Build outside the source tree.
>      You probably only
>     want to build 1 BSP and are building many.  You might be out of
>     disk space given
>     that.
>
>     Make sure you have the RTEMS autoconf and automake installed and
>     at the
>     FRONT of your PATH.
>
>     cd rtems
>     ./bootstrap
>     cd ..
>     mkdir b-sis
>     cd b-sis
>     ../rtems/configure --target=sparc-rtems4.9 --enable-rtemsbsp=sis \
>      --enable-tests=samples --prefix=SOME_DIRECTORY
>     make
>
>     That should work.
>

> Thanks a lot for the reply. This is the PATH I have set
>
> madhu at madhusudan:/media/professional/rtems/b-sis$ echo $PATH
> /opt/rtems-4.9/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games
>
> And everything is done as you said. But still getting the same error.

The installation of .h files is handed by auto generated
preinstall.am files.  If c/src/libchip/preinstall.am does
not reference the file, then you need to do a "bootstrap -p"
from c/src.

It looks right in CVS so I don't know why it is bad for you.

Did you configure and build INSIDE the RTEMS tree?  This
does not work at all.  You need to be in a separate build tree

In your first log, the path didn't look like it went that far "up and over".
This is from my log.
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644
../../../../../current/c/src/libchip/display/disp_hcms29xx.h
../../../sis/lib/include/libchip/disp_hcms29xx.h