Problems with Ada hello world examples

Tue Dec 23 00:59:19 UTC 2008

Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
> Am Montag, 22. Dezember 2008 08:32:59 schrieb Dirk Heinrichs:
>
>> Am Sonntag, 21. Dezember 2008 21:20:16 schrieb Dirk Heinrichs:
>>
>>> after building rtems 4.9.1 with Ada support, I tried the two "Hello
>>> World" examples for Ada. While the simple one works fine on real
>>> hardware, the 2.5 seconds delay is much longer in bochs. Any idea how to
>>> fix this?
>>>

> Oh, this problem still remains.

Bochs is a simulator and runs slower that real hardware.  It is pretending
to be a i386.  So being slower than real life is to be expected.

The reboot issue also sounds like a Bochs specific thing.

The reboot works on qemu and (I assume) on real hardware.

I am thrilled you got it running though.   :)