Howto make a grub fat boot floppy

Tue Feb 5 18:25:42 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have been trying to make a grub boot floppy
with a menu using the latest grub in Fedora 8.
It boots into grub but I don't seem to be
able to make it find the menu.lst file.

I followed these instructions from the grub
info pages except I make it a FAT filesystem

     # mke2fs /dev/fd0
     # mount -t ext2 /dev/fd0 /mnt
     # grub-install --root-directory=/mnt fd0
     # umount /mnt

When I boot it, I get to a grub prompt.  I have
to be missing something stupid.  Can any tell me
what it is?

Thanks.