Howto make a grub fat boot floppy

Tue Feb 5 19:35:09 UTC 2008

Till Straumann wrote:
> Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been trying to make a grub boot floppy
>> with a menu using the latest grub in Fedora 8.
>> It boots into grub but I don't seem to be
>> able to make it find the menu.lst file.
>>

> Where is your menu.lst ? I believe grub
> would expect it in /mnt/boot/grub/menu.lst
> i.e., in the same directory where the xxx_stage_yyy
> files live.

That's where I keep putting it but ends up
at the grub prompt.

This is the grub menu file that I am using with
the old boot floppy I have.  stage2, grubmenu
and pinewood.exe are in the root directory
on it.

timeout=5
default=0
title=  Pinewood Derby
# splashimage= (fd0)/splash.xpm.gz
kernel= (fd0)/pinewood.exe

On the new grub floppy, I am placing that in
(fd0)/boot/grub/menu.lst