Support for PowerPC e200 cores

Sebastian Huber Sebastian.Huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Feb 15 09:47:49 UTC 2008

Hi,
we want to develop a BSP for a MPC5566 evaluation board. It uses a e200
processor core. My first job is to get the basic tools ready. I am quite
new in
this business, so please have mercy with me if I ask to many clumsy
questions ;-)

According to the "Freescale PowerPC Architecture Primer" (page 12) the e200
core is code-compatible with an e500 core. The e500 core is supported by
gcc.
You need to configure the binutils and gcc with the
"--target=powerpc-elf --with-cpu=8540"
options. I have not yet tested this with the standard sources.

I want to build the RTEMS 4.8 RPMs for an openSuSE 10.3 host so that they
support this cpu type. I haven't figured out how to do it with some wiki
research. Can someone give me any hints where to start?

Ciao,
    Sebastian

embedded brains GmbH
Sebastian Huber           Obere Lagerstr. 30
D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
Tel. : +49-89-18 90 80 79-6
Fax  : +49-89-18 90 80 79-9
email: Sebastian.Huber at embedded-brains.de