ARM946E-S supported by RTEMS?

Ray rayx.cn at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 17:31:33 UTC 2008

Hi, Smith, Gene SEA

>I am looking at the possibility of using RTEMS on a ARM946E-S based
>system. This is a SoC embedded core described here:
>
>http://www.arm.com/products/CPUs/core_selector.html and here
>http://www.arm.com/products/CPUs/ARM946E-S.html
>
>There are RPMs for ARM and various BSPs in RTEMS.
>
>Are the RPMs appropriate for this ARM variant?

The current RTEMS CVS code have support for ARM920t (csb337, csb336, gba, gp32), ARM7tdmi(rtl22xx), and ARM720T(edb7312).
None is ARM946E, but there is nothing new in ARM946E when we dealing with ISR and common register , so I guess it not too hard to use RTEMS in it.
You may also check if the latest tool-chain support ARM946E optimization.