Sample RTEMS kernel image

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Feb 29 00:32:57 UTC 2008

Joel Sherrill wrote:
> FWIW that image uses an old version of grub.  I tried to build
> a new floppy image a couple of weeks ago but had no luck.  All
> I succeeded in doing was making my laptop unbootable until
> I pulled out the Fedora Disk and booted into rescue mode.
>
> I would really appreciate it if someone could update that image.
> I really would like to know what went wrong with my attempts. :(
>
> The newer grub versions support a splash screen image and I
> wanted to use the feature for the Pinewood Derby Race Timer
> software I was writing for our Cub Scout pack. :)

Did you look here:

  http://www.rtems.com/ftp/pub/rtems/qemu/i386-pc/

I used the attached script to build grub. I cannot seem to run it on my x86
machine as the LZO RPMs and libs do not match. I have not look at why.

My script lets you have a configuration file to control what grub does
including menus, timeouts etc.

Regards
Chris